It is Department of Defense (DOD) policy to fund the JROTC program which is intended to instill in students of American secondary institutions the following:
(1) The value of citizenship
(2) Service to the United States
(3) Personal responsibility
(4) A sense of accomplishment
In order to fulfill it's mission, the MCJROTC program achieves the following objectives:
(1) Gives students an appreciation for the origin, advantages and responsibilities of citizenship.
(2) Develops an understanding of leadership skills and the advantages of strong moral character.
(3) Promotes in students an understanding for the need and application of national security.
(4) Develops in students an understanding for the need and application of national security.
(5) Develops an understanding and respect for constitutional authority as the foundation of a democratic society.